This course provides four hours of combined classroom and firearms simulator-based training exercises. Students build on their marksmanship fundamentals, developing simple defensive tactical skills and situational awareness needed to safely operate a pistol for self- and home defense.
Students will use an advanced, indoor video-simulation system usually available only to law enforcement professionals.
No real guns. No live fire!
COURSE LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Understand firearm storage & transport
- Understand situational awareness concepts and the self-defense mindset
- Develop the ability to move and shoot; draw from the holster, use cover and concealment, and respond to common self-defense situations
- Students will use an advanced indoor, video-simulation system usually available only to law enforcement.
- Practical legal and ethical issues will be covered in a virtual shooting environment.
Location: South Metro Public Safety Training Facility