Jennifer grew up in the Tidewater area of Virginia, graduated from the University of Virginia, completed studies in medical sciences in Chicago and earned her M.B.A. at the University of Minnesota.
After more than a decade teaching and training at colleges and universities around the Twin Cities, she now combines her passions for shooting and education as founder, co-owner and primary firearms instructor at Astrid Defense.
Jennifer is a life-long member of the Air Force Association, volunteered with the AFROTC program at St. Thomas University, and was volunteer instructor with Junior Achievement. She holds NRA certifications as Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer, and has completed various defensive and tactical shooting courses.
Training, Certifications, etc.
- Advanced Judgement Training, RBT Solutions (2018)
- AR for Home Defense, S&BGC (2018)
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor (2016)
NRA Certifications Range Safety Officer (2016)
- Krav Maga–Israeli self-defense and tactical system (ongoing)
- 5-day tactical shooting course, IKMF (2017)
- Adult First Aid/CPR/AED (2017)
- 5-day defensive handgun course, FSTI (2016)
- Completed courses towards a DBA, Argosy University (2015)